There are a few things we could take from this, but let's start with 50% of students:
- spent 3 years pissing around
- studied a pointless subject with no hope of a job or a future in academia
- are by their very nature quite right-on and must maintain the mantra
- consider their course to have been poor value for money
- think that shelf-stacking is a better career move than anything that requires a degree
Be interesting to see the same finalists' actual results and starting graduate salaries tallied against their supposed willingness to fund their own studies.
On personal experience, I know I would've studied a damn sight harder if I'd been picking up my own tab.